In this article, Lite9ja will be sharing all you need to know about a popular Nigerian politician, Atiku Abubakar Biography, ranging from his Biography to early life, Age, Profile, Wikipedia and career, Political Ambition, net worth, etc.
Atiku Abubakar Profile
|Tolulope Adesua Etomi Wellington|
75 years (2021)
Date of Birth:
25 November 1946
Atiku Abubakar Biography
Atiku Abubakar GCON (born 25 November 1946) is a Nigerian politician and businessman who served as the Vice President of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007 during the presidency of Olusegun Obasanjo. He ran as Governor of Adamawa State in 1990, 1997, and later, in 1998, being elected before becoming Olusegun Obasanjo’s running mate during the 1999 presidential election and re-elected in 2003..
Atiku Abubakar Age
Atiku Abubakar is 76 years old as at 2021, he was born on the 25th Of November 1946.
Atiku Abubakar Educational Background
Atiku was one of the children who benefited from the government’s mandated basic education initiative. His father was first opposed to his son going to school, but not until he was imprisoned.
He attended Jada Elementary School in his hometown for his primary education. Abubakar enrolled in Adamawa Provincial Secondary School in 1960 and graduated five years later after passing the WAEC test.
He served as a Tax Officer at the Regional Ministry of Finance after a brief stay at the Nigeria Police College in Kaduna. After that, he enrolled in the School of Hygiene in Kano, where he obtained a diploma degree in 1966. In 1967, He was given the scholarship to study Law at the Ahmadu Bello University Institute of Administration
A year after the COVID-19 pandemic, he bagged a degree in International Relations from the Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, United Kingdom, atiku abubakar biography.
Atiku Abubakar Citizenship/Nationality
There are claims that Atiku is not a genuine Nigerian citizen. The misconception stemmed from the birthplace, Jada, which was a Cameroonian province before Cameroon joined Nigeria in 1961. Atiku continues to assert that he is a Nigerian, citing his great-grandparents’ heritage as supporting his claims. His paternal grandfather is from Sokoto, while his maternal grandfather is from the Jigawa State..
Atiku Abubakar Career
Atiku Abubakar Governorship Ambition
Atiku had run for Governor of Adamawa State three times. The first was in 1990 when he was disqualified, and the second was in 1997 when General Abacha’s death prevented the formation of the party he wanted to run under (United Nigeria Progress Party)..
The final effort came in 1999 when he won the People’s Democratic Party elections 1998. Surprisingly, he passed up the chance to run for Governor and joined Olusegun Obasanjo as his running mate in the 1999 Presidential elections.
Atiku Abubakar Vice Presidency
In the 1999 Presidential elections, ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo chose Atiku Abubakar as his running partner. Atiku was elected as the Governor of Adamawa State at the time of this call.
He passed up the opportunity to become Governor in favor of a relationship with Obasanjo. During their first tenure in office, he and Obasanjo formed a powerful collaboration. Atikuled two councils during his first stint as vice president: The National Economic Council and the National Council on Privatization.
However, the formidable relationship deteriorated with time. During both second tenures in power, the two were at odds over decisions and policies. One of the most popular points of contention was Obasanjo’s bid for a third term, which Atiku rejected.
Atiku became an antagonist and publicly criticized the plan. It led to his decamp to the Action Congress of Nigeria, where he took a shot at the Presidential seat in the 2007 elections.
Atiku Abubakar Presidential Ambition
Following his eight years as Vice President, Atiku has relentlessly pursued the presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. His first try came in 2007 while he was still a member of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).
He placed in third place behind Muhammad Buhari and Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, with Umaru Musa Yar’Adua winning the election.
His second try was with the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), which he joined after leaving the Action Congress of Nigeria. However, in the PDP primaries, his ambitions were dashed when he was defeated by Goodluck Jonathan, who received 2736 votes to his 805 votes.
He made a third try in 2014 after leaving the PDP to join the newly founded All Progressive Congress (APC) with the hopes of earning the party’s presidential ticket. His aspirations were dashed again at the primaries as history repeats itself. Muhammad was declared the winner after receiving 3,340 votes to his 954 votes. Atiku, who is infamous for jumping from one political party to the next, moved from the APC to the PDP for the second time, atiku abubakar biography.
Luck smiled on him on his third effort, as he received 1,532 votes for the PDP presidential ticket. He was the main opponent of Muhammad Buhari’s bid for a second term. Unfortunately, his 11 262,978 votes were insufficient to guarantee him the seat, as Muhammad won by a 3 million vote majority. He challenged the election results, but it was in vain because they remained the same.
There is a high possibility that he will put up a challenge to make his ambition become a reality in the 2023 elections.
Atiku As Custom Officer
Before entering politics, Atiku spent twenty years as a customs officer. He had attempted to join the Nigerian Army but had been rejected. He became Director of Customs and Excise in Charge of Enforcement and Drugs in 1987.
After years of denial of due advancement by his former supervisor, Abubakar Musa, he was promoted three times in one day, from Assistant Comptroller to Deputy Comptroller to Deputy Director.
In 1989, after years of waiting to be promoted to the highest level of Director of Customs, he retired as a Deputy Director.
Atiku Abubakar Businesses
Atiku is a successful businessman who started from the bottom – up. Education, transportation, agriculture, technology, oil and gas, real estate, and finance are his commercial investments. He employs many people, with close to 50,000 Nigerians working across his businesses.
Here is the list of some of his major businesses and investments.
- Integrated Logistics Services Nigeria Limited (Intels): Intels, formerly known as NOTES (Nigeria Container Services), is a logistic company for the Oil and gas industry. The company was founded in 1982 and had close to 5000 employees.
- They specialize in the port facility for the oil and gas industry, cargo services, port management, and support services, likewise procurements of custom-built equipment and machines. Atiku and Gabrielle Volpi partly own the company. The company headquarters is situated at Onne in Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Project Nigeria Limited (Property Development Company): The Prodeco Company comprises two companies: one that deals in real estate in the oil and gas sector and the other that operates in tax-free zones in the oil and gas industry.
- Farm: Atiku owns a 2500-hectare farmland property for maize and cotton majorly. He also has a factory where animal feeds are produced.
- Adama Beverages: He has a beverage manufacturing plant where beverages, fruit juice, and table water are produced in Yola
- Gotmel Communications: Gotmel Communications is a media company owned by Atiku, based in Yola.
- Chicken Cottage: Atiku also has an investment in Chicken Cottage, fast food business in the United States.
- He opened the first outlet in Abuja and commissioned the second one in his state’s capital, Yola.
- Standard Microfinance Bank: Atiku is the major shareholder of the Standard Microfinance Bank. The bank has branches across the Adamawa State.
- The America University of Nigeria Academy and America University: He also invested heavily in the education sector by establishing a private primary and secondary, American University of Nigeria Academy, and a private university, America University of Nigeria.
Atiku Abubakar Wives and Children
Atiku is a polygamist who enjoys spending time with his extended family. According to his religion, he has four wives, twenty-eight children, and many grandchildren. He’s been married five times and divorced once.
Titilayo Albert, his first wife, has four children for him: Fatima, Adamu, Halima, and Aminu. In 1971, they married in a secret wedding without his family’s permission. He married Ladi Yakubu four years later, whom he later divorced, atiku abubakar biography.
Abba, Atiku (his name), Zainab, Ummi – Hauwa, Maryam, and Rukaiyatu – were among Ladi’s six children. After Ladi, Princess Rukaiyatuis, the next gorgeous woman Atiku marries. Aisha, Hadiza, Aliyu, Asmau, Mustafa, Laila, and Abdulsalam were her six children for him.
Fatima Shettima, his fourth wife, had two sets of twins for him, giving him seven children: Amina, Mohammed, Hafsat, twin boys Ahmed and Shehu, and twin girls Aisha and Zainab. His last wife is Jennnifer Iwenijora Douglas.
Atiku Abubakar Contact
Atiku Abubakar Phone Number
Atiku’s Phone Number is currently unknown, keep refreshing we will let you know when we have something about his phone number.
List Of Atiku Abubakar Companies
Below is some information on his companies:
1. NICOTES (now Intels) founded in 1989.
2. Prodeco, 1996
3. My farm, 1982.
34 ABTI schools, 1992
1. Intels Intels Nigeria Limited provides integrated logistics services for the Nigerian oil and gas industry. It offers agency services; cargo services; port management and support services in shore bases; and manages client operations, including pipe racks, stacking areas, warehousing, enclosed areas, jetties, offices, water tanks, fuel storage, generators, compressors, and various other services and facilities.
2. Prodeco Prodeco operates in Nigeria with two companies: Prodeco (Property Development Company) operating within the main territory of Nigeria and Prodeco International operating in Oil & Gas Free Zones. The first company was incorporated in March 1996 as a property development company. Over the years, PRODECO has engaged in building, marine, and infrastructural construction for various clients in the oil and gas industry.
3. Atiku Abubakar farm He also has a farm in Adamawa state. In 1981 he moved into agriculture, acquiring 2,500 hectares of land near Yola to start a maize and cotton farm. The business fell on hard times and closed in 1986. “My first foray into agriculture, in the 1980s, ended in failure,” he once said in 2014. However, since then his farm has expanded and blossomed.
4. ABTI schools The major part of this is the American University of Nigeria (AUN). It is located in the city of Yola, capital of Adamawa, one of Nigeria’s 36 states. The campus, which occupies nearly 1000 hectares, is a serene mixture of desert and farmland. Adamawa, one of the six states in northeast Nigeria, shares the longest borderline with Cameroon Republic.
Social Account Of Atiku Abubakar
Instagram: Click here
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: Click here
Wikipedia: Click here
FAQ About Atiku Abubakar
Q.1 Who is Atiku Abubakar?
Ans. He is a well-known Former Vice President of Nigeria from Jada, Nigeria.
Q.2 How old is Atiku Abubakar?
Ans. He is 75 years old.
Q.3 What is Atiku Abubakar’s Net worth?
Ans. His Net Worth is $1.8 billion.
Q.4 What is his full name?
Ans. His full name is Atiku Abubakar.
Atiku Abubakar News
PDP presents certificate of return to Atiku Wednesday
The National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party has announced that it will present a certificate of return to the party’s presidential flag bearer Abubakar Atiku.
Atiku won the party’s presidential ticket during a special national convention held in Abuja on May 28 through 29, 2022, after scoring 371 votes.
In a statement, the national publicity secretary of the party, Debo Ologunagba, said all governors, governorship candidates, presidential aspirants, members of the Board of Trustees, members of the National Assembly, and other candidates of the party, and all critical stakeholders are expected to grace the special ceremony.
The statement further said the event would hold on Wednesday, June 1, 2022, by noon at the PDP National Secretariat, Abuja.
Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship
On Tuesday, a constitutional lawyer, Mr. Johnmary Jideobi, approached the Federal High Court in Abuja to challenge the eligibility of former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, to contest the 2023 presidential election.
In the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/751/2022, the plaintiff maintained that Atiku, who is the flag-bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is not constitutionally qualified to participate in the presidential contest, atiku abubakar biography.
Consequently, he posed two legal questions for the court to determine, after which he sought seven principal reliefs against Atiku, PDP, and the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC. They were cited as 1st, 2nd and 3rd defendants in the matter.
The Attorney-General of the Federation was also joined as the 4th defendant.
Atiku Abubakar Net Worth
Atiku’s investments, homes, and money are estimated to be valued at close to $2 billion. He owns a large fleet of high-end cars, and he is a proud owner of a private jet, Embraer Pheenom100 which cost $4 million.
Thank you very much for reading Atiku Abubakar Biography And Net Worth to the end; please do us good to share this article among friends and family on the various social media platform. Before you go, It might Interest you to read Biography And Net Worth.